jueves, octubre 20, 2005

Must Have's

ROB
-- Barry, if I were to say to you I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet, what would that mean?
Just... come on, what would it mean to you? That sentence? "I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet?"

BARRY
To me, it would mean that you're a liar. You saw it twice. Once with Laura -- oops -- once with me and Dick. We had that conversation about the possibilities of the guy making ammo off-screen in the Fourteenth Century.

ROB
Yeah, yeah, I know. But say I hadn't seen it and I said to you, "I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet," what would you think?

BARRY
I'd think you were a cinematic idiot. And I'd feel sorry for you.

ROB
No, but would you think, from that one sentence. That I was going to see it?

BARRY
I'm sorry, Rob, but I'm struggling here. I don't understand any part of this conversation. You're asking me what I would think if you told me that you hadn't seen a film that you've seen. What am I supposed to say?

ROB
Just listen to me. If I said to you --

BARRY
"-- I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet," yeah, yeah, I hear you --

ROB
Would you... would you get the impression that I wanted to see it?

BARRY
Well... you couldn't have been desperate to see it, otherwise you'd have already gone...

BARRY
...But the word "yet..." Yeah, you know what, I'd get the impression that you wanted to see it. Otherwise you'd say you didn't really want to.

ROB
But in your opinion, would I definitely go?

BARRY
How the fuck am I supposed to know that? You might get sick of people telling you you've really gotta go see the movie.

ROB
Why would they care?

BARRY
Because it's a brilliant film.It's funny, violent, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass.

No hay comentarios.: